It’s chocolate cake time, Keto Chocolate Pound Cake time. Is there anything better than a warm chocolate cake?
Ingredients for Keto Chocolate Pound Cake:
270 g almond flour
60 g cocoa
80 g sugar / or Erythritol / Stevia / Monk fruit sweetener / Xylitol / Swerve
1 tsp baking powder
240 ml oat milk
180 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g dark chocolate
50 g chocolate chips
Grease a loaf tin and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie and leave to cool for a few minutes. Mix all the wet ingredients together as well and then add to the flour mixture in the bowl.
Mix and pour into the baking tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes. After 15 minutes of baking, cut the top lengthwise and bake until done. Test with chopsticks.
There are several options you can use instead of sugar in keto recipes, depending on the type of sweetener you prefer and the recipe you are making. Some options include:
- Erythritol: This is a type of sugar alcohol that is low in carbs and calories, and has a taste and texture similar to sugar. It can be used as a 1:1 replacement for sugar in many recipes.
- Stevia: This is a plant-based sweetener that is derived from the stevia plant. It is very sweet, so you only need a small amount to sweeten a recipe. It is also calorie-free and does not raise blood sugar levels.
- Monk fruit sweetener: This sweetener is made from the extract of the monk fruit and has a similar taste to sugar. It is calorie-free and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Xylitol: This is another type of sugar alcohol that is low in carbs and calories, and has a taste and texture similar to sugar. However, it is toxic to dogs, so be cautious if you have pets.
- Swerve: This is a blend of erythritol and oligosaccharides, and has a taste and texture similar to sugar. It can be used as a 1:1 replacement for sugar in many recipes.
When using these sweeteners in keto recipes, it’s important to keep in mind that they may not behave exactly like sugar in the recipe. You may need to adjust the amount you use, or the recipe may turn out slightly differently. It may take some experimentation to find the right balance, but with a little practice, you should be able to find a sweetener that works well for you and your keto recipes.
More Delicious Keto Cake Recipes
If you want to get delicious daily cake recipe suggestions. You can join our Facebook group called Easy Cake Recipes UK.
We would be very happy if you share your thoughts about our recipe with us using the comment field below.