Guests and family will be delighted with this moist and fresh ginger cake recipe. Here is the simple recipe to enjoy.
Ingredients for Ginger Cake Recipe:
100 g butter
3 pcs eggs
180 g sugar
3 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tsp orange peel, grated
130 ml orange, juice of
340 g flour
1 pk baking powder
- For the ginger cake, first separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Then cream the butter and sugar in a bowl. Gradually add the egg yolks. Now add the orange juice, orange zest and ginger.
- Finally, fold in the flour sifted with baking powder alternately with the stiffly beaten egg whites and work into a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (top/bottom heat) for about 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave the ginger cake to cool, turn out of the tin and sprinkle with icing sugar.
More Delicious Easy Cake Recipes
If you want to get delicious daily cake recipe suggestions. You can join our Facebook group called Easy Cake Recipes UK.
We would be very happy if you share your thoughts about our recipe with us using the comment field below.