Indulge in sweetness with our delightful Baby Shower Cake! Perfectly crafted to celebrate your special day. Make now for pure bliss! 🎂
Baby Shower Cake
Welcome to our irresistible recipe for a Baby Shower Boy Birthday Cake – the perfect centerpiece for a joyous celebration! This delightful cake is a showstopper that combines moist and tender layers, heavenly buttercream, and adorable decorations, making it the highlight of any special occasion. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice looking to impress, this cake is sure to steal the hearts of both kids and adults alike.
Best Baby Shower Cake Recipe
For the Cake Layers:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Blue gel food coloring (as needed)
For the Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Blue gel food coloring (as needed)
For the Decorations:
- Baby-themed fondant or plastic cake toppers (e.g., baby booties, pacifiers, rattles)
- Blue edible pearls or sprinkles
- Colored fondant (to create baby-themed shapes)
- Edible glitter (optional, for extra sparkle)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare three 8-inch round cake pans by greasing and lining them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- If you desire a blue-tinted cake, add a few drops of blue gel food coloring to achieve the desired shade, gently mixing until the color is evenly distributed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula to ensure even baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Rotate the pans halfway through baking for even browning.
- Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cakes to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the cakes cool, prepare the buttercream frosting. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Incorporate the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then beat until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Adjust the consistency and color by adding blue gel food coloring.
- Level the cake layers using a serrated knife if needed, ensuring they are even and flat.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand. Spread a generous layer of blue buttercream frosting on top. Repeat this step with the remaining cake layers, creating a stacked cake.
- Apply a thin layer of frosting around the entire cake to create a crumb coat. Refrigerate the cake for 20 minutes to set the frosting.
- Once the crumb coat is set, frost the cake with a thicker layer of blue buttercream, ensuring a smooth and even finish.
- Now comes the fun part – decorating the cake! Adorn the sides and top with baby-themed fondant shapes, edible pearls, and cute cake toppers. Get creative and add a touch of edible glitter for a magical sparkle.
- Finally, stand back and admire your masterpiece! This Baby Shower Boy Birthday Cake is now ready to be the centerpiece of your special celebration.
We would be very happy if you share your thoughts about our recipe with us using the comment field below.